Lots and lots of money is being spilled by the energy usage and this could costs most of us from ten to hundreds of euro’s per year. So here are some of the things that you can do to help save our planet. All of these involve just a few changes to our daily habits. Car companies are making and pushing hybrid and electric cars. Not only to save you some money, but also to help the global warming of the earth. One of the poster images of pollution are our vehicles and for a very good reason. But the little things, they make the difference.
- Turn of the TV, radio and all other electronic devices. Do NOT put them on the standby modus. If you say to yourself – “can’t do that now” and you really don’t want to throw away your carpets you can reduce your indoors air pollution by having a weekly vacuuming schedule plus starting a shoe-free house policy – so leave your shoes and toxins near the door. Not only do we lessen our carbon dioxide emissions, but we also get a good exercise out of it. Well, money is always a great motivator for people to do anything so here are some ways you can save and make money by living green. Use a laptop instead of a computer desktop.
- Buy energy-efficient lamps, this will cost you less energy and less money. Unplug all unused electrical items or use an energy efficient surge protector. The Internet has a lot of great resources to help you going green – so I hope you keep reading, researching and acting.
- When you want to thaw an frozen product, put the product in a refrigerator. The compact florescent bulbs lasts a lot longer then regular bulbs and use less energy thus saving you money on your energy bill and keep you from paying bulbs as often. Take shorter showers. Here’s how you can save money on your energy bill with your laundry. That is not good water usage because when we shower the water continuously falls and go straight to the drain. Therefore the longer we spend in the shower, the more water we waste. Even when the battery is fully charged, still power is being used. Line drying is more environmentally friendly and also keeps clothes from shrinking and fading and saves you money on energy.
- Save Money On Gas. Get some exercise and save money gas by walking to short distance destinations or riding a bike to them and longer distance destinations. With a glass of water, we only use the amount of water to rinse our mouth. Therefore there is less water to waste while we are cleaning our pearly whites. Simply turn off the faucet when you are not using it.
- Make good use of natural light. We have a great and natural lamp, the sun, and we should learn how to take full advantage of it during day time.
- Converting your car to run no biofuel or some other alternative fuel might cost a little now, but will save you a lot in the long run. These are just some of the best tips for green living, but of course there are still many of these tips if you just search for them. But you can do your own variation anytime just always prioritize how you can use less energy and produce even lesser trash and pollution. I know it’s hard, but give up those gas guzzling SUVs and Hummers and keep more money in your pocket with a smaller car. Maybe even a hybrid. Make Money Living Green
- Recycling not only helps keep material that’s harmful to the environment from being put in landfills, but you can also make a little money from doing. There are places all over the place that will pay you for such things as aluminum cans, scrap metal, those plastic bottles you get water and soda in and other materials.
- Recycling me . com is a site that allows you to sell recyclables such as rubber, plastic, glass, paper and various scrap metals to online buyers.
- Places like Staples will give money for empty ink cartridges you use toward a purchase.
- Make money by making your own non-toxic cleaning product and sell it. It’s easy to make using everyday stuff you might already have in your home like baking soda and lemons. You can find out how to make your own non-toxic cleaning product by doing a search online.
I’m going to leave it there. This gives you a taste of how living green and saving as well as making money can go hand in hand. So if you’re one of those that needed an extra nudge to start living green I hoped this pushed you over that edge. .